It has happened to everyone before - your laptop crashes and you lose your data. For businesses, losing important documents and applications can be disruptive and and result in a drop in productivity.
These days, a comprehensive data backup and recovery plan is a must for every organisation. Here are 3 points you might want to consider when planning for a backup solution for your company:
1. Follow the 3-2-1 backup rule
This is a simple guide pointed out by IT speaker and author Scott Hanselman, which can be a starting point for your backup plan.
- 3 copies of all your important documents to ensure redundancy
- 2 different formats, e.g.Cloud / online storage + local hard drive / LTO tape storage
- 1 must be off-site, kept safe somewhere other than your home or office
2. Localised or cloud backup?
Why not both? Setting up a hard drive backup or LTO tape backup solution in your office is a common way to start. However, using either can get manually intensive (e.g. having to manually swap tapes for each backup) and the initial cost can be quite substantial.
A cloud-based backup solution gives you the flexibility to add storage quickly when required and automate the processes to run in the background.
Depending on your business requirements, a mix of the two can address different aspects of your backup requirements.
3. Supporting platforms
With more businesses adopting different operating systems across devices, it’s getting more difficult to have a single backup solution that supports across all platforms. Do a stock take of your systems that need backing up before committing to a backup solution.
Business Backup Suite is a backup and disaster recovery solution designed to backup data on your workstations and servers that can be managed on a single, easy-to-use dashboard.
Key features of Business Backup Suite:
- Easy to deploy and manage backups from your physical workstations and servers.
- Automated and scheduled daily backups.
- Easy to use self-service management dashboard.
- Support for any operating system, file system or storage location#.
- One-click fast recovery of full hard drive images, files, folders and applications to workstation or servers with ALL data intact.
- Data is stored in secured and certified data centres in Singapore*.
Prices start from $107/mth for
10 workstations, 1 server and
1 TB of storage.
I want a free consultation on setting up an affordable cloud backup solution for my business.
Click here >>
Contact us now
Monday-Fri: 8.30am – 5.30pm